1.Pick out the odd man out in each of the following group of words.
2. The number of syllables in the word ‘beneficiary’ is ……..
(Q.NO: 3-14) Read the following passage and fill in the blanks from the options given below.
The average new born (3)……is about fifty centimeters long. In twenty years this little (4)………..more than triples (5) …………in length. The (6) ….… height of a man is 1.7 metres…….(7)…..man does not stop growing then, (8) ………continuous to grow even after the (9) …….. of twenty five and reaches his maximum (10) ……..at about the age of thirty five. (11) ………happens after that? He does not (12)……stop growing but begins to shrink (13)…….An average person shrinks as much as ten millimetres (14) …..ten years after the age of forty.
15.We bought a new car yesterday. (Identify the pattern)
16.Attach a prefix to the word visible from the list given below to complete the sentence.
17.I can’t tolerate your laziness. (Replace with phrasal verbs)
18.Which can be placed after head .
19. You go to school………….,(Fill in the blanks with suitable tags)
20. “Thailand” country is called ………..?
21.The common expansion of SSC is:
22.Which of the following is optional in a Notice?
23.Read the following sentences and rewrite them into passive voice. Choose the right answer from the given alternatives:
They declared him a culprit.
25. Read the dialogues and choose the most appropriate options to complete the dialogues.
Jake : How did you like the movie you saw last night?
Karen : I can't say it was the best I've ever seen.
Jake : ---------------
Karen :Certainly not. Do not waste your time.
26.What is the missing word in this sentence?
I am writing with ………..to my application.
27. Find the italicized part in the sentence that is incorrect.
It is a well idea to encourage boys to learn to cook.
28. choose the correct word to complete the sentence
We are satisfied …………. Our son’s progress this term.
29. which of the following is a form of the verb ‘be’?
30.The reported form of the question Renu said to me, “Is the movie interesting?” is
31. Choose the word which has almost the same meaning as the italicized one.
She seldom goes to conferences
32. Read the short conversation given below. Identify the language function in italicized sentence
Shrimathy : What shall we do this weekend?
Venu : Why don’t we go on a picnic?
33. In each question below, there is a sentence in which some parts have been jumbled up, Rearrange these parts which are labelled P, Q, R and S to produce the correct sentence. Choose the proper sequence.
They felt safer
P : to watch the mountain
Q : of more than five miles
R : as they settled down
S : from a distance
34.choose the word or phrase to fit each blank which best completes each sentence .
My landlady was very …… when I met with an accident.
35. choose the correct meaning of the word ‘canner’.
36. write the word that has the same relationship as the pair. [“creeper : tendril ] , tree : ?
37.Mr. Geography stood up shakily and went to the _______.
38. Be + main verb + ing form is …….. tense.
39. which of the following sentences given below conveys the following meaning?
“Sorojini Naidu was a renowned poetess”
40. Find out the animal(s) which make the sound ‘squeak’.
41. The troops arrived at the crack of the dawn: The above sentence means.
42. Pick out the right spelling from the following:
43. which of the following options means “Dart, with heedful mind”?
44. Which of the following descriptions exactly defines an open letter?
45. which of the following is the correct definition for a run on?
46. pick out the plural of deer.
47. Identify the figure of speech employed in the following line: “who loves the trees best?” I said the Spring.
48. identify the sentence pattern: ‘computer keep children busy.’
49. Frame question for the following sentence: I go to the market twice a week.
50. The mills of God grind slow ………. Sure.