1. reading a passage from the Supplementary Reader for enjoyment and expansion of information is called.
2. Identify the correct characteristic:
If a test measures what it intends to measure, then it is one of the characteristics of a good test.
3. Remedial teaching involves
4. The figure of speech that attributes life to inanimate objects or abstract qualities is
5. choose the correct sentence pattern of the given sentence Reading made him a complete man.
6. Identify the simple sentence for the given compound sentence:
I broke my ankle in a football match and had to go to hospital.
7. identify the correct ‘anagram’:
8. identify the correct alphabetical order of the words in the box:
Recession, receipt, recipient, recital, recapture
9. What is the plural for goose?
10.The named the child Prem. (Identify the pattern)
11.Which can be placed after hand?
12. We won’t be late,…………….. (Fill in the blanks with suitable tags)
13.Add a suffix to the word .
A snake is a very danger…….. reptile
14. We do not really see the landscape from a normal train because the
15.The common expansion of ICU is :
16.A Notice must contain ———— information.
17.Read the following sentences and rewrite them into passive voice. Choose the right answer from the given alternatives:
A terrible cyclone destroyed the village.
18. What should be the type of questions to be asked by the teacher during the course of classroom teaching?
19.Read the dialogues and choose the most appropriate options to complete the dialogues.
Frank : I heard you are taking a Spanish class at the community college.
Jerry : Yes, I’m going to Guatemala next spring and I thought knowing a little Spanish would make the trip easier.
Frank : —————
Jerry : I have a course catalogue. We can see whether or not they’re offering a French course next semester.
20.If you are writing a letter of complaint to the Complaints Department of a showroom because your repair has not been dealt with, how would you start your letter?
21. A personal letter could contain
22. Identify the sentence that is grammatically correct:
Q.Nos. 23 to 27. Read the passage with blanks numbered. For each numbered blank four options are given after the passage. Identify the correct word to fill in the each blank:
The young and the upwardly mobile generation of today has …(23) … aspirations …(24) .. little patience. If the youngsters want a smartphone or an i- pad, they usually don’t think much before spending ….. (25) … such gadgets. Sometimes such spending involves taking a personal loan or using the credit card and repaying …… (26) … debt over the next few months or even a year. The worst thing …..(27)….. many of them do not have a proper job to repay the debt.
28. Identify the correct Passive voice for the given sentence:
People believe he has cheated the government.
29. identify the adjective form of the word ‘honour’
30. Arrange the following jumbled words in the right order to form a meaningful sentence:
31. identify the correct comparative form of the given sentence:
Chennai is one of the largest cities in India.
32.The number of syllables in the word ‘simultaneously’ is ……..
33.Extensive reading .if properly guide will…..
34. Twenty six letter of English alphabets do the work of ……… sounds.
35. Listening is a process of hearing with………
36. which statement is incorrect?
37. In dictionary V (pp) means…..
38. choose the correct word order.
39. Find out the pair of word with the combination of “adverb + noun “
40. Collection food for cattle is known as ………
41. Which pair will suit the following sentence?
………. your tongue or you will keep spoiling your ……… make-up.
42. who are called as ‘Bedouin’ in the desert……
43. ‘The word ‘ACHOO’ stands for …….
i) Austosomal- Dominantal Comply Hello-Obnarmal Outburat
ii) Auto- Deductive Complaint Help Open Outward
iii) Arranged-Diplomatic Company Helping Outstanding Others
iv) Autosomal-Dominat Compelling Helio-Ophthalmic Outburst
44. Ronaldo kicked the ball ‘kicked’ is a …………
45. ………is a word which modifies the meaning of a verb.
46. The president is certainly right. This sentence is an example for adverbs of ………
47. Insert the adverb and make a meaningful sentence.
He is in time for his studies. (never)
48. Fill in the blanks with appropriate conjuction.
Make haste ……..you will not succeed.
49. Fill in the blanks with suitable preposition.
50. The train leaves Trichy ….6:30, and arrives …… chennai…..11:30.